I wish I could claim the following post as mine but I can’t. It is a piece written by a friend Joh Hyman, an Ohio based attorney. He has created an Employer Bill of Rights that includes the following:
- The Right to Hire on Qualifications and Fire on Performance
- The Right to Criticize
- The Right to Control Operations
- The Right for You to Follow Our Work Rules
- The Right to Be Told When There is a Problem
- The Right to Receive an Honest Day’s Work
- The Right to Have Our Say Before You Form a Union
- The Right to Reasonable Notice
- The Right to Be Treated With Respect
- The Right to Confidentiality
Pretty good list don’t you think? But don’t just read the list that I recreated here, click on through and read Jon’s description of every right. I think you will be shouting “hell yes!” by the time you are done.
Well done Jon.