- First up is Ann Bares at Compensation Cafe. She wrote Managers: The Next Critical Shortage. If you did not have a compelling reason to work on development programs and incentive programs you will now.
- Secondly is Kris Dunn at The HR Capitalist. He wrote Here’s Why Companies That Have Used Card Check In The Past Are Silent These Days… This is an update on the Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA) and why companies that have used card check in the past are NOT singing its praises. Great info from someone who has been there.
- Eva Rykr, of iOrgPsych writes about The Case for Analytics in HR. She says analytics is more than just measurement. And in this day and age of making a contribution to the organization (so both it and you survive) this is an essential understanding to have. A KEY HR SKILL.
- Another KEY HR SKILL is giving presentations. Steve Tobak writes on How to Give a Killer Online Presentation. Well the advice works for in person presentations as well.
- Lastly, but not the least, Jon Hyman tells a personal story that should be very instructive to people about NOT USING COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL in A short rant, and a lesson in employee appreciation. Jon has his taken and he did not take to it kindly, even though the “thief” thought they were doing him a favor. He even throws in a bit of HR wisdom.
Well there you have it. Great reading, great lessons. As always, keep reading HR Observations and pass it on to your friends and colleagues. And BTW, if you know of organizations that are looking for consulting work in human resources I have a great team put together. (Hey it is the first commercial I have ever done.)